Medical Manufacturing Software Solutions
MES Platform dedicated to Manufacturing and Quality Excellence: Siemens Opcenter Execution Medical Device and Manufacturing
Siemens Opcenter Execution Medical Device & Manufacturing MES platform is the foundation for top-tier global medical device manufacturers and product innovators. This MES solution enables rapid change, lean manufacturing, consistent quality output, rapid NPI and higher profit margins. Siemens Opcenter Execution integrates with ERP, PLM, SCM, CRM and the shop floor. This MES solution completes the technology infrastructure for medical device manufacturing operations.
Siemens Opcenter Execution Medical Device & Diagnostics
- Replace costly paper and manual processes with self-auditing electronic device history records
- Eliminate medical device manufacturing errors and ensure compliance by systematically enforcing processes and materials
- Provide quick visibility into product issues in real-time, and analyse as-manufactured data needed to find root causes
- Use timely production and quality KPIs to make fast, effective decisions in medical device manufacturing environment
Siemens Opcenter Execution software for medical device manufacturers enables lean manufacturing and the ability to build quality into the process. It allows world class device manufacturers to efficiently build their products with full traceability.
Operational Benefits of Siemens MES
Lean manufacturing and increased efficiency, leading to:
- prevention of medical device manufacturing errors
- reduction of cost of goods and poor product quality
- improved decision-making
- rapid resolution of issues
- minimized risk
- reduction of recalls, complaints and incidents relating to medical device manufacturing.
- improved decisions and ensuring compliance and effective action.
What is “Digitalization” in the Medical Device Manufacturing Industry? View the video above!
View this video to better understand the structure and benefits of Siemens Opcenter Execution Medical Device & Diagnostics.
Case Study: Orthopedic Manufacturing Company Cost Reduction in One (1) Year After Switching to Paperless Manufacturing.
- Reduction in Paper Purchased 100% 100%
- Reduction in Storage Cost 100% 100%
- Reduction in DHR Inspection Time 83% 83%
- Reduction in Quality Inspection Headcount 64% 64%
- Reduction in NCR Disposition Rate 82% 82%
- Reduction in QA Review Time 83% 83%
- Total Cost Reduction 1 Year Post-MES Implementation 43% 43%
Read more about this case study on our blog page!
Additional Benefits: Improved Operations and Quality:
Eliminate nonvalue-add activities
- Eliminate paper-based device history record (DHR) documentation
- Improve resource utilization by redeploying employees to productive work
- Focus operators product improvement vs. paperwork
Systematically standardize and enforce processes across all sites
- Require complete and accurate data collection, and automatically hold material when required
- Use only qualified materials, equipment, operators and procedures
- Prevent use of expired and noncon-forming materials
- Eliminate dependency on labour-intensive quality oversight
Gain real-time visibility and control across the manufacturing supply chain
- Provide visibility into complete, accurate and real-time work-in-process (WIP)
- Achieve just-in-time (JIT) scheduling based on actual wait and cycle times
- Report the real-time actual value of material used and scrapped, actual production and quality labor
Accelerate trace analysis, root cause diagnosis and issue resolution
- View all manufacturing and quality data across all sites in seconds
- Search and filter for suspect lots/units by component, subassembly, equipment, specification revision, operator, etc.
Lower cost of good quality and poor quality
- Prevent errors (poka-yoke) with instant enforcement
- Make the product right the first time to reduce scrap and rework
- Gain instant access to complete product and process audit trails
- Systematically enforce compliance with regulations, including Title 21 Code of Federal Regulations (CFR) Parts 11 and 820
Continuously improve product quality and new designs
- View real-time product and process performance data
- Use actual occurrence rate of failure modes to prioritize & minimize risk
- Identify common failures by product/ process
- Use a single authoritative source for product, process and quality engineering collaboration
Make fact-based operational and strategic decisions
- Provide visibility into real-time metrics and key performance indicators (KPIs) for production and quality
- View quality and operational metrics by factory and across multiple factories
- Receive exception-based alerts to expedite issue detection and resolution
With a reputation built on thirty years of succeeding together with our partners, we are a team of manufacturing technology experts and industry thought leaders bringing end-to-end manufacturing solutions (people, processes, and technology) together to enable operational excellence for medical device manufacturers.
Provide us your name and email to stay connected to the latest updates in manufacturing technology or to see how we can provide the best solutions to address your medical device manufacturing needs.
North American Contact:
Seabrook Technology Group:
600 Corporation Drive, Suite 108 Pendleton, IN 46064
+1 317 - 426 - 0699
European Contact (HQ)
Seabrook Technology Group:
Mainline Place, Sarsfield Road Wilton, Cork T12 DY80, Ireland
+353 - 21 - 4800 - 840